Search This Blog

Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy 2012!

As my plane took off yesterday, the woman next to me (don't even ask me to explain the seating arrangement on the plane, 5 of us, seats of 2, yes, it doesn't work, someone had to sit alone and my kids are all too young to do that) said "Goodbye, Austin, you beautiful girl, you."

I thought this was a great way to say goodbye to Austin, TX. It really is a beautiful city. This was not my first visit there, rather my forth, but this was the longest time I've ever gotten to spend there (8 days.)

It was really fun. We rented a house with the family and really got to spend some time together. We ate good barbecue, went to parks, bowling, the children's museum, and walks around UT Austin.

I also had the pleasure of seeing my Austin and my cousin and her beautiful little boy. And, I got to meet and have coffee with the amazing romance author Chandra Ryan. She was so nice, interesting, smart, funny, incredible really.

All in all, it was a great way to end 2011 and I am really excited to see what 2012 brings both personally and in the writing-zone for me.

We said goodbye to my father-in-law this year and I will always miss him. I think when I look back at 2011, that will mostly be what I remember. But, I would really like to say 'thank you' to all of you for everything. I know I don't say it enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment