Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Open Calls

Open Calls

When I first started writing, I asked a friend who’d had some success in it how to know what each individual publisher was looking for. How did I know what they wanted to read? She told me about Open Calls.

Recently, the amazing Hailey Edwards posted on her blog about an open call at a publisher I like. This gave me the idea (thanks Hailey) that perhaps I would start, every once in a while, posting open calls from publishers I know so that if people are looking for some they can find them on my blog.

**Big Disclaimer here. I do not have the time to publish every Open Call on the Internet. So I’m going to be limited by here to publishers I know or that my friends have told me about. Even then I may not do every publisher I know. It’ll be random. But I call this blog Rebecca’s Random Musings, what can I say?**

Liquid Silver Books

Submission Call is open December 12th, 2011 to April 1st, 2012

Do you have a heroine/hero Bounty Hunter? Someone wrongfully accused and on the run from a Bounty Hunter?

Liquid Silver Books is looking for Bounty Hunter focused stories that cater to the relationships full of desire, chemistry, passion and a fantastic romance stories. These stories are open to any genre. (M/F, M/M, F/F & ménages welcome – M/M/F, F/F/M, M/M/M, F/F/F) 

Submissions are …Ø open to all authors currently published with Liquid Silver books and those wishing to be published with Liquid Silver Books. 
Ø All works must be new material. Previously published works or works currently part of a series will not be considered. 
Ø All submissions must be exclusive to Liquid Silver Books; if we decline your submission; you are free to submit elsewhere.

Submission requirements …Ø Full manuscript in Ariel, 12pt saved as RTF.
Ø Length: 15k – 60k (Flexible, but 15k minimum)
Ø Genre: All genres, but must feature a Bounty Hunter scenario.

Heat Level …Ø Open to all our current heat levels – Sterling, Liquid and Molten. Please refer to our submission guidelines for further information.


Please refer to our submission guidelines for further information.


To submit, please send manuscript via email atsubmissions@liquidsilverbooks.com with CALL FOR SUBMISSION: LOVE & BOUNTY! in the subject line. Include your author bio in the body of the email and attach the completed manuscript and a one page snapshot synopsis.

If you have any questions, contact ~ tracey@liquidsilverbooks.com

Decadent Publishing

Decadent Publishing is looking for stories that fit their new Honor Guard line.

The guidelines are listed below:

The Honor Guard line is composed of contemporary, multi-national romance stories with a heat level of 3-5 and word count between 10k-25k.

Setting: Countries around the world. The hero can be any alpha male. Military or covert ops: Marines, MP, CIA, Homeland Security, NSA, etc.



Heroine can be an American or foreign national. Her age should be 25+. Wherever your setting, we need local flavor. Tap your travel experiences! Give us fun, adventure, romance, interesting settings, strong characters and hot lovin', cultural insights.


Silver Publishing

Men in Uniform Anthology

• 15K to 20K word count per short story/novella. 1 book per month.


• Seriously sexy stories about firemen, policemen, soldiers and sailors - we want to read some hot MM stories about men in...and out of uniform.


• Any combination of M/F, M/F/M, M/M/F, M/M.


• Heat Rating: 3+ Flames only!

The Submission for release in January to December 2012. When submitting, please enter "Men in Uniform".

For today, I just stuck with my own publishers but I’m going to start others the next time I do this. Hope you are all well.

RR

No comments:

Post a Comment