Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Passage of Time

JOY! HOO-RAH!!

Noble Romance has purchased Banging Batman the sequel to Screw Superman! I am so excited. It was a great way to start a Monday morning (which was when I found out even though I'm just telling you about it now.)

Do you like the picture above? That is DS#1 at his 5th birthday party at Chuckee Cheese. They stick them into this machine and fly the prize tickets around him and he grabs as many as he can as fast as possible. When it was all over he got a gum ball machine.

Fun times.

As my first book, Her Wolf, released about 1 year ago today, I have been thinking a lot about the passage of time. When I was pregnant with my second son I sat down to write Love Beyond Time. I had this great idea. I was going to write this nine book series, get an agent, and sell a million copies of my book. I read through my 90,000 word book several times and sent it back. Immediately, I heard 'get a critique partner.'

I paused. A What?

Researching the subject, I joined a critique group and immediately had my butt handed to me by lots of authors who had been writing a long time and who saw BIG problems with my work. I used the help and hopefully helped others for about a year when I sold Her Wolf. It was a great day. It was about that time I decided to try to redo Love Beyond Time and at that point Eirelander Publishing gave me a contract on it.

What else has changed? Well, I had that second baby and when he was 2 years old, I had a 3rd. Now my oldest is 5 and standing in a ticket machine. He starts Kindergarden soon.

Wolf's Magic: The Westervelt Wolves Book 4 released this week. A year after the first one. That's amazing to me.

I hope you're all well.

Rebecca Royce

No comments:

Post a Comment